The creative resource for custom murals, decorative painting, canvas paintings and painted furniture.
Murals Tell a Colorful Story and Create a Magical Environment
It is your enviroment that reflects your personality or your organization’s purpose and message. Linda Valentino Walker knows how to make your surroundings a reflection of your interests and lifestyle. She has been creating art all of her life and has been professionally painting murals for twenty-five years. She also specializes in decorative paiting, faux finishes and children's rooms.
Linda has built a name for herself as a reputable artist by refining her skills and developing her talent through dedication and passion. She has worked with several local builders and designers in the Parade of Homes for many years and also spends much of her time in her studio creating new work that she often displays and sells at the Kalamazoo Art Hop events.
She is constantly experimenting with new mediums to expand her artistic vocabulary and develop new techniques. “Mural painting is my life…my work encompasses everything from landscapes, abstracts, realism and impressionism. I love doing many different types of painting because it keeps my work fresh and always evolving.”
Largel-scale mural and canvas painting comes naturally for Linda. She paints client’s walls on location or works in her studio and then installs the canvas mural painting onto the wall surface. Canvas murals are a wonderful option because you can take it with you if you decide move.
Currently, Linda is seeing a greater demand for murals in public venues. I am interested in reaching a larger audience and taking my work to another level. She is also a founding member of the Kalamazoo Artist’s Alliance Center, a non-profit organization for local area artists to show and sell their work in the community.
Linda was the recipient of the Kalamazoo Arts Fund Grant sponsored through the Kalamazoo Artist’s Council in 2006. She received the grant to expand on digital medium combined with traditional painting with a corresponding exhibit for the 2006 October Art Hop. In 2007 and 2008 two more Art Hop shows followed with work expandiing on the new art form. Linda's work was accepted to the juried Kalamazoo Institute of Arts Area Show in 2007 for her large digital transfer painting titled, “Our House” (pictured left).
- 1978: Worked at local sign painting company in Bensenville, IL.
- 1981: Started painting children’s rooms murals in the Chicago suburbs.
- 1983: Graduated from Northern Illinois University, BA, Studio Art, DeKalb, IL
- 1983-1992: Computer graphic and graphic designer in the western suburbs and Chicago.
- 1989: Started Valentino Designs, mural painting business, primarily working on children’s rooms, Lombard, IL.
- 1990-1992: Worked and studied at the Art Institute of Chicago, Oxbow Art Camp, Saugatuck, MI. Gallery exhibit featuring painting and pastels.
- 1990: Relocated to southwest Michigan, commuting to Chicago to continue mural business and began experimenting with faux finishing while working on more commercial projects.
- 1994-Present: Full time mural business established in southwest Michigan.
- 2006: Recipient of the Arts Fund of Kalamazoo County Grant and presented corresponding solo art exhibit, “Comparisons and Contrasts”.
- 2007: Photo-transfer canvas painting, “Our House” accepted to the KIA area show.
- 2007: Solo art exhibit featuring paintings, photography and digital transfers at the Kalamazoo December Art Hop – Bogie’s Café.
- 2008: Group art exhibit for the June Art Hop at the Arcus Depot, Watershed Council office. Featured work, digital transfers on acrylic paintings, digital photography and electronic mural display.
- 2008: One of three people in charge of developing a nonprofit organization, Kalamazoo Artists Alliance Center. It will serve as an incubator for artists in southwest Michigan who want to develop their skills and be an active member of a permanent gallery to show and sell their work.
- 2009: Solo art exhibit featuring "Blended Images" based on digital canvas prints and plexiglas and acrylic compositions. In conjunction with the June Art Hop, Kalamazoo, MI.
- 2009: Particpating artist in ARTPRIZE international art competition, Grand Rapids, MI. Sept. 23 - Oct. 10.
Member in good standing of the Kalamazoo Institute of Art, the Arts Council of Kalamazoo and the Mattawan Business Association.